Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Places

In my bare skin I lie

the night my only cover
I wrap the darkness around me
in the cold I alone shiver

In my bare skin I walk
amidst indigo blue grass
the scarlet blood flows free
the blades like shards of glass

In my bare skin I run
through forests that glow
the chasing specters close in
and in me the dijinns grow

In my bare skin I fall
to the warm yielding earth
i tricked you to your grave she says
and bubbles over with mirth

In my bare skin I lie
the night my only cover
the silver light my beacon
the moon my only lover

In my bare skin I walk
amidst indigo blue grass
the translucent sky above
my infinite looking glass

In my bare skin I run
through forests that glow
where flowers never wilt
and rivers blue flow

In my bare skin I fall
to the warm yielding earth
into the dark womb I crawl
and await my rebirth


8 comments:

Psmith said...

wonderful....

"In my bare skin i lie
the night my only cover
the silver light my beacon
the moon my only lover"

super stuff :)

Sahar Sehgaal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
niv said...

Psmith: hey. thanks. yeah. that's my favorite para too. :)

Sahar: Thank you. :)

Divya Menon said...

n i love this one... :))

niv said...

Divya: aah... yes... the elation...its good you are not the type to fall in love with the despair... :) thanks

chinmay said...

there is always a twist at the end of your verses :D

aniruddha said...

This is fabulous !!

Divya Menon said...

yupp. its the only thing that keeps the world going.. :P

And by the way Niv, i really like the titles.
the positive, happy one.. the elation. as u say.. is "where i am" - sure and content.
and the despair one is "where am i".. - with a twinge of doubt to it..
thank goodness for that. :)